Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ayumi Yoshida and Ai Haibara




Sketched on: Paint Tool SAI
Edited on: Manga Studio
Time of work: about 20 hours

I always thought that Ai Haibara (or rather Shiho Miyano) kinda reminded me of Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion, I mean they almost have the same "robot-like" personality. I drew this based on this image, I only changed the uniform to the Teitan High School uniform.



So, I tried sketching it first on Paint Tool SAI. I swear to Gawd this was an awful procedure since SAI is a new program to me and it took me like hours to figure out the right setting for the brush or inking. I even tried coloring it, but I'm not yet that familiar with SAI, so I just proceeded to Manga Studio to add some values.

The canvas size is 3500px, so I used the ink pen size 9.0, stabilizer (S-5), Min Size 7% and just traced over the sketch. There should be a new layer over the sketch layer (make an individual one for the face [eyes, lips, brows]), but when I took this screenshot, this image had been drawn already. I only re-opened this a .png file, that's why there aren't other layers.



Yeah, I love Manga Studio, though I hate the ink tool. I always have the reference open to "copy" it. I'm a novice, don't judge me. (^_^')

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

If you have something to say, please take the time to comment on my post. All comments will be moderated.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger