Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Newborn baby found in garbage pail

Oh my God! What went through the mother's mind when she threw away her precious baby in a garbage pail of a passenger plane's restroom? Original article

The article states that Filipino cleaners found the baby in a garbage pail and was immediately rushed to the hospital. He's healthy and well up. While social welfare is taking care of the little baby, they are trying to search for his parents. They named him Jorge Francis.


My Reaction to the article:
The plane from Bahrain, which flight destination was the Philippines, Manila, thus, I assume that the mother was a Filipina, who came from abroad to go back to the Philippines, was overwhelmed with panic upon realizing what disgrace she would have to face when she sees her family. Because I know for a fact that, just like some other Eastern cultures, the Filipino culture is a bit strict and conservative when it comes to unmarried mothers, all the more if they didn't meet the father. Maybe she was already a married mother, returning from her work abroad, gave birth to a bastard child, and didn't want her husband finding out about this baby. Who knows?

Did she withheld her pregnancy from her family? Since there's only little information in the article, that there were no signs that the mother gave birth on the plane, only that the baby is a newborn, thus, only a few hours old, I was thinking: was she cradling her baby boy in her arms throughout the entire flight only to dispose of him once the plane reached its destination? The flight from Bahrain to the Philippines takes about 12 hours. Did she plan this 12 hours long? Did she feed her baby, cuddle him one last time, and kiss him goodbye? Did she cry and look at him in the eye, before she headed for the restroom to dump him in a garbage bin? Was she hoping that her baby would be found by the cleaners?

My heart's clenching every time I read articles like this! :(

God bless you, Jorge Francis, and I hope a loving and caring family will find you and give you a new home.


-Chichi

1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

I read this article too and I'm always shocked when I read about babies who have been found somewhere outside only covered with a blanket.How can a mother be so heartless?
In this special case, you've mentioned, could the filipino culture and their religious believe be a reason for her behavior.
But when I read about lonely babies here in Germany, I can't understand, cause we have a social system that should help despaired mothers.
If I had a baby, I would never yield my child to another person.

Post a Comment

If you have something to say, please take the time to comment on my post. All comments will be moderated.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger